BPUB to Close Drive-Thru Payment Lanes
BROWNSVILLE, TX – Because of the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) will close its drive-thru payment lanes at the BPUB Administration Building starting at 5 p.m. April 7. The drive-thru lanes will remain closed until further notice.
Operations and services will otherwise continue as normal. Customer service personnel will still collect payments through the drop box at the BPUB Administration Building but won’t be directly interacting with customers because of social distancing directives; however, customer service agents will be available by phone. Customers or visitors who try to enter the BPUB Administration Building will be turned away and directed to contact BPUB in another way.
While customers can no longer make payments through the drive-thru lanes or BPUB lobby, there are still other options for making a payment.
- Online – Just go to BPUB’s website, brownsville-pub.com/, for easy online access.
- Phone – Dial 956-983-6121 and follow the menu options to pay your bill. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Drop Box – While the Administration Building lobby will be closed, customers can still utilize the drop box at 1425 Robinhood Drive to leave payments.
- S. Mail – Payments may be mailed to P.O. Box 660566; Dallas, TX 75266-0566
- Autopay – Set it and forget it. This option allows customers to set up automatic payments each month through a credit card or checking account.
If a customer needs to speak to someone at BPUB, customer service personnel are still on hand and assisting customers.
- Phone – Customer Service agents will still be available to handle payment arrangements by phone at 956-983-6121.
- Internet – Customers don’t even need to speak to a Customer Service agent to utilize the payment arrangement feature on the BPUB website.
Connection/Disconnection of Service
- Phone – Customers who need to open a new service account or close an existing account can do so by phone at 956-983-6121.
- Internet – Customers can skip the phone call and go right to the BPUB website.
Customers are encouraged to save the BPUB web app to their phones. It is accessible at https://assist.brownsville-pub.com and can be saved to the desktop of any phone or mobile device. It’s a one-stop portal to report any type of service issue or pay a bill.
Any official statement regarding changes to our daily operations will be posted on BPUB’s official social media channels as well as the BPUB website.
BPUB will continue to monitor this public health event and will make any operational changes as appropriate to ensure continuity of service for all BPUB customers during this time. For more information, customers can call 956-983-6121 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or visit the website at www.brownsville-pub.com, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/brownsvillepub or Twitter at https://twitter.com/BPUB_Tweets.