BPUB Rotating Outage Update
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
- Robinhood Dr, Boca Chica, International Blvd, Magnatek, Owens, Reina Esther and surrounding streets
- Paredes Line Rd., Lindale Dr., Mackintosh Dr., E. Los Ebanos Blvd., S. Price Rd., Shidler Dr., Rentfro Blvd. and surrounding streets
- B5220 – E 7th to International & from E Elizabeth to E Pierce and surrounding streets
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- S Central; Garcia Ln; Apollo Ave; Morningside Loop; Acacia Lake; S Clubhouse; Billy Mitchell; Les Mauldin; South Airport Loop and surrounding streets
- Port of Brownsville (Capt Donald Foust & RL Ostos); N Indiana and surrounding streets
- Media Luna Rd; Bluebonnet Dr; Langan St; Ruben Torres Blvd; N Coria St; Wildrose Ln; Champion Rd; Old Price Rd; Stillinger Dr; Poinciana Dr; Arien Ct and the surrounding streets
- E University Blvd; Veteran’s Bridge; E Harrison to Polk St; N Frontage to Wilson St and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking the following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
Leave a Comment