BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 6:45 p.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- 518 customers in the area of Padre Island Hwy; NAFTA Pkwy; Lourdes Ave; Jaime Zapata; N Central Ave and surrounding streets
- 729 customers along Central Blvd, Military Hwy, East Dr, Jo Ann Ln, Water St, East Dr and surrounding streets
- 741 electric meters along Galveston Rd, Candlewick Ct, Sunshine Rd, E. Price Rd, North Park Plaza and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —
Leave a Comment