BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 4:45 p.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
- 1806 customers in the area of FM 802; Hudson Blvd; Village Center Dr; Seville; Duck Pond; Heritage Trail; Res Dr; Janet Ln; Trails Head Ct; Paseo Plaza Blvd and the surrounding streets
- 616 customers located on Midtown Sub; Central Blvd; N Coria St; Old Hwy 77; W Morrison Rd; E Morrison Rd; McAllen Rd; Avenida Del Sol; Lorenaly Dr and the surrounding streets
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- 1056 customers located on Media Luna Rd; Bluebonnet Dr; Langan St; Ruben Torres Blvd; N Coria St; Wildrose Ln; Champion Rd; Old Price Rd; Stillinger Dr; Poinciana Dr; Arien Ct and the surrounding streets
- 328 customers in the area of Ridgemott, Padre Island Hwy, Mckenzie, Timber, White Oak and surrounding streets
- 1502 customers located on W. Elizabeth St; Lakeside Blvd; Central Blvd; W. 5th St; W. 13th St and surrounding streets
- 819 meters in the Colonia Galaxia, Hacienda West & Rancho Simpatico subdivisions, Veteran’s H.S., Villa Nueva Elementary, La Pesca St, El Mar St, El Brillo St and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —
Leave a Comment