BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 2:55 p.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
- 2712 electric meters located on Dana St; Carolina St; Elena St; E 30th St; East Ave; La Villita St; Palo Blanco St; Tulipan St; Court St; Daisy St; Gloria St; Leopard St; LLama St; Olimito St; Impala Dr; Calle Milpa Verde; Hortencia Blvd and surrounding streets
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- 1328 meters from Paredes Ln, La Villita, Emerald Valley, Emerald Cove, La Mancha Dr, Galveston Rd, Candlewick Apts., Palo Alto Subd, Price Rd and surrounding streets
- 233 meters on Palmetto Ct, Las Palmas Cr, Homer Hanna Highschool and surrounding streets
- 1895 meters on Seville Blvd, Draper Dr, Greenhaven Dr, Casa De Amigos, Coffee Rd, Jaime Zapata Ave, Old Port Isabel Rd, Tanglewood Dr, Shoreline Dr, Price Rd and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —
Leave a Comment