BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 12:10 p.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
• 579 customers in the area of W Monroe; W Madison; Resaca Blvd; W Jefferson, W 2nd, E Monroe and E Jackson
• 729 customers along Central Blvd, Military Hwy, East Dr, Jo Ann Ln, Water St, East Dr and surrounding streets
• 328 customers in the area of Ridgemott, Padre Island Hwy, Mckenzie, Timber, White Oak and surrounding streets
• 358 customers in the area of Belvedere; Ringgold; E 6th; Ebony Ave; S & N Frontage Rd; Paredes Ave and surrounding streets
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
• 1832 customers in the area of Kings Hwy, Boca Chica, Texas Ave, Coolidge, Santa Elena, E 23rd St, Ruiz St, Southmost, E 20th St and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
• Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
• Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
• Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
• Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
• Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —