BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 11:10 a.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
- Seville Blvd, Draper Dr, Greenhaven Dr, Casa De Amigos, Coffee Rd, Jaime Zapata Ave, Old Port Isabel Rd, Tanglewood Dr, Shoreline Dr, Price Rd and surrounding streets
- Paredes Ln, La Villita, Emerald Valley, Emerald Cove, La Mancha Dr, Galveston Rd, Candlewick Apts., Palo Alto Subd, Price Rd and surrounding streets
- Palmetto Ct, Las Palmas Cr, Homer Hanna High School and surrounding streets
- Colonia Galaxia, Hacienda West & Rancho Simpatico subdivisions, Veteran’s H.S., Villa Nueva Elementary, La Pesca St, El Mar St, El Brillo St and surrounding streets
- E University Blvd; Veteran’s Bridge; E Harrison to Polk St; N Frontage to Wilson St and surrounding streets
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- Alberta, Calgary, Winnipeg, Kensington, Martinal, E Morrison, Joseph, and Robindale Rd and surrounding streets
- Midtown Sub; Central Blvd; N Coria St; Old Hwy 77; W Morrison Rd; E Morrison Rd; McAllen Rd; Avenida Del Sol; Lorenaly Dr and the surrounding streets
- FM 802; Artemisa Ave; San Marcelo Blvd; Toluca Dr; Sunrise Blvd; Old Alice Rd; Jose Marti Blvd; Coffeeport Cir and the surrounding streets
- W Monroe; W Madison; Resaca Blvd; W Jefferson, W 2nd, E Monroe and E Jackson and surrounding streets
- Robinhood Dr, E 14th St, Taft and E 13th St and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —
Leave a Comment