Skip to content

BPUB Employee Injured During Work

Posted in

BROWNSVILLE, Texas – An employee with the Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) was injured during work Friday evening.

BPUB received a call Friday reporting half lights at an apartment complex and sent an electrical team to the location. During this visit, an employee suffered burns while troubleshooting the electrical system.

The employee was taken to Valley Regional Medical Center before being sent to the nearest burn unit, Brooke Army Medical Center, for treatment. The employee’s injuries were treated, and he is expected to be released and return to Brownsville.

The incident is being investigated internally by BPUB personnel.

Leave a Comment